Planning a wedding can be a lot of fun for many couples. But it can also be a challenge filled with awkward moments and conversations that some couples would rather avoid entirely. One of the best ways to avoid many of the awkward situations that wedding planning can put you in is to opt for an elopement instead. What difficulties can eloping help you avoid entirely? Here are a few of the biggest.
1. Figuring Out How to Pay. Weddings are expensive. With an average cost of $20,300 in 2020, this one-day affair breaks the budget of many couples and families. Money conversations quickly turn into conflict and even fights, which puts a damper on wedding plans. Eloping is one of the most inexpensive ways to get married, and because you skip most of the add-on festivities, you don't have to fund things you don't care about.
2. Not Inviting Some Guests. Every couple has friends, co-workers, acquaintances, and relatives they'd rather not invite to the wedding. But how do you avoid inviting some people without offending them or other members of your circle? This dilemma often leads to paying for and including guests you'd really wish you hadn't. Unlike even the smallest traditional weddings, elopements involve only a select handful of attendees.
3. Too Much Family Input. Even when they're well-intentioned, family and friends can become meddlesome in your wedding plans. Armed with their own ideas and agendas, they may try to take over, dismiss your ideas, or vicariously fulfill their own wedding fantasies. If you fear this becoming a problem, you may prefer an elopement with few or no additional decisions to be made and almost no guest list.
4. Worries Over Family Drama. Couples with challenging family situations where people cannot get along or behave appropriately appreciate the anonymity and intimacy of an elopement. Even if the difficult family members are your own divorced parents, step-families, or arguing siblings, you can elope without any of them—something rarely possible with any other form of nuptials.
5. Not Wanting to Plan. Wedding planning is fun for many, but it's not for everyone. Do you cringe at the idea of dress shopping, designing table decor, making favors, renting chairs, or taste-testing cake? If so, you're not alone. Eloping allows you to get quickly to the nuptials and get them over with so you can move on as happy newlyweds.
Could an elopement solve one or more of these awkward situations for you and your fiancé? Start learning how by meeting with a wedding venue like Hideaway Country Inn that specializes in elopements today.